FWHR Supports the Excellence in Education Student Scholarship Program. Donations are now being accepted for the 2018 HRSouthwest Conference Silent Auction which supports the funding of the program. Have something to donate? Let us know about your item via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org Previous auction items that were successful include: Hotel stays, airfare, beverage baskets, gift cards, etc.
Excellence in Education Student Scholarship
Up to 4 scholarships of $1000 plus the net proceeds from the Silent Auction will be awarded to qualified students. In addition, the students will receive a complimentary registration to the 2018 Conference and up to three nights lodging (shared room). Award winners will be selected based upon their academic standing, involvement in their community and campus, and by recommendations of their professors, advisors, and/or employers. All scholarship applications are due no later than May 15, 2018.
Excellence in Education Student Scholarship Requirements
- Applicant must be a full or part-time student at an accredited college or university.
- Full-time undergraduates must carry a minimum of 12 semester hours.
- Part-time undergraduates must carry a minimum of 6 semester hours and not more than 11.5 hours.
- Full-time graduate students must carry a minimum of 6 semester hours.
- Part-time graduate students must carry a minimum of 3 semester hours and not more than 5.5 semester hours.
- Must be at least a junior standing at the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Must be continuing classes after December 2018
- Part-time students must work at least 25 hours per week, preferably in an HR related profession.
- Must be a member of an affiliated SHRM chapter in the Southwest Central Region during the current academic year.
- Undergraduate applicants must have declared a major in Human Resource Management or in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources.
- Graduate applicants must be enrolled in a master’s or doctorate degree program and clearly pursuing an emphasis are in Human Resources or Human Resources-related program.
- Consideration will be given to students who are unable to declare a major in Human Resource Management but can clearly show they are pursuing education in the HR field and are actively involved in a SHRM chapter.
- Carry an overall GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Not a previous recipient of the Excellence in Education Scholarship.
Excellence in Education Student Scholarship Application Process
Please submit an electronic application and mail supporting documentation no later than May 15, 2018 to:
The HRSouthwest Conference
Excellence in Education Scholarship
5001 LBJ Fwy Ste 800
Dallas, TX 75244
Past Recipients of The Excellence in Education Student Scholarship