WHAT is FWHR Workforce Readiness?
FWHR Workforce Readiness is committed to supporting HR Professionals new to the field, returning to the workforce or in transition by making a wide variety of resources readily available to aid in their job search as well as partnering with Employers to find just the right candidate.
ARE YOU NEW TO THE JOB MARKET? IS YOUR CURRENT POSITION NOT MEETING YOUR EXPECTATIONS? OR DO YOU FIND YOURSELF IN TRANSITION? Here are some steps to follow along with a few helpful tips in your search:
Create or Update and Organize Resume
- ·Keep your resume updated
- ·Tailor your resume to the job description
Prepare for Interviews
- ·Use keywords that are skill-based
- · Research the company and who you will be interviewing with
- ·Prepare for and practice interviewing
- ·Dress appropriately for job, company and industry
- ·Bring copies of your resume
Get Involved in Networking Groups/Professional Associations
- ·Be courteous and respectful to the receptionist to make a good first impression
- ·By getting involved in Networking groups and Professional Associations, you can build relationships, connections and share ideas that will help in finding the right opportunities.
Use Social Media
- Here are some great organizations in the DFW area:
Job Seekers, Employers and recruiters are now using social media more and more to find qualified applicants.
Using Social Media:
- · Gives you a chance to show off your skills and give employers a peek into your personality that could possibly help land you a job.
- · Connects you to opportunities that are otherwise never made available to job seekers because they aren’t posted on job boards
- · Helps build professional networking contacts which are crucial to your job search
- ·Allows you to research industries, companies, and positions of interest
LinkedIn is known to be the #1 social media resource for recruiters.
- ·Makes you visible to hiring managers, recruiters and other decision makers
Learn how LinkedIn is used in your Job Search:
Some networking groups offer FREE LinkedIn training classes (Ex. Southlake Focus Group)Jobsites and Online Job boards
Employers are posting ads on multiple job sites and job boards that include some of the following:
- Professional Associations and Networking Groups
Other Helpful LinksQuestions? Reach out to us at email@example.com