Place of business:
The Human Resources Representative is an integral member of the Human Resources Team, reporting directly to the Area Human Resources Manager, and actively collaborates with our managers, supervisors and associates. This field-based position supports a business unit of 500 associates in Keller, TX. This position is responsible for proactively developing relationships and executing on all aspects of the human resources function with emphasis in the areas of talent acquisition, training and development, diversity, inclusion and engagement, associate and labor relations, and compliance. The Human Resources Representative will generate innovative solutions that drive processes and programs that help to ensure associates are equipped to achieve exceptional results, while at the same time realizing their professional goals and objectives.
Associate and Labor Relations:
- Make contributions that reinforce a workplace that mirrors our Employee Value Proposition
- Ensure a positive Associate Experience, including Onboarding and New Hire Orientation
- Participate in investigations, prepare summaries and make recommendations as directed by the HR Manager
- Prepare and contribute key HR data to ensure successful outcomes within collective bargaining agreements
- Collaborate with Business Agents, HR Manager and local management to resolve grievances and other local matters
Training and Development:
- Support in the preparation and execution of the talent review and succession planning process
- Work with HR Manager to create and ensure successful completion of individual development plans
- Train managers with the tools and training to optimize their performance
- Schedule training events, identify participants and venues, prepare materials and facilitate as needed
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement:
- Champion and promote diversity in all aspects of human resource practices
- Work with managers to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Influence leaders in the execution and sustainability of associate engagement action plans
- Work with the Recruiting and Area teams to create an Area Staffing Plan based on business growth, workforce planning, analytics, and diversity objectives
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to acquire top talent through improved selection tools and criteria, and local outreach efforts
- Reinforce promotion process, ensuring a positive experience for the internal associate
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, FCRA, EEO, and FLSA)
- Communicate, interpret and consistently apply company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource processes
- Conduct regular compliance reviews at location level (Wage and Hour, etc.)
- Partner with HR Manager and Safety team to ensure safe workplace
Bachelor’s degree required
- SHRM or HRCI Certification(s) preferred (i.e. PHR)
- 2+ years of Human Resources experience
- Creative, independent self-starter who excels in a fast paced environment
- Agile and quick learner, enjoys collaborative projects and continuous education
- Ability to understand the business operations
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills)
- Ability to effectively manage projects to timely completion
- Some knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues helpful (deeper knowledge may be required for certain states, such as CA, MA, etc.)
- Must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 50%), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
- Must complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job•
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to:
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Please email Ellen Alphin - email@example.com to apply.