Vice President of Human Resources
At Linux Academy, we’re working to be a customer-centric leading provider of affordable, high quality, advanced training tools for IT professionals. To get there, we need to build high-performing teams with exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would love to use your superpower to create real change in people’s lives then please read on!
As a core member of the Linux Academy leadership team, the Vice President of HR will be both strategic and hands-on, providing guidance and expertise in key areas of designing, building, and maintaining talent management and cultural practices as we grow and scale. We’re seeking a modern, flexible thinker- someone who has the ability to interact and influence across all levels of the organization and work closely with central teams to drive positive change.
Our Vice President of HR will run it all- talent acquisition, benefits, performance management - everything that relates to the people part of the organization. You understand today’s workforce is a balance of maintaining transparency and accountability while supporting ongoing employee development. Equally passionate about defining objectives and achieving key results as with nurturing and giving lots of TLC to the workforce.
This role can be based out of either Austin, Texas or our headquarters in Keller, Texas and we are open to partial remote.
· Organizational Assessment & Design: Educate, advise and influence team leaders on organizational design, organizational development, competency models, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, compensation, talent reviews and change management
· Learning and Development: Create learning and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and scales
· Culture and Employee Experience: Define and drive a culture that embodies Linux Academy’s values that reward, promote and encourage high performance throughout the organization. Ensure cultural consistency as Linux Academy grows and scales, and set up infrastructure to manage through change and maintain the level of trust and transparency across levels and functions that exist today
· Talent: Optimize and scale the overall team and process for recruiting, including team structure, candidate evaluation processes, interview best practices, candidate follow-up, recruiting KPIs and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy
· Compensation and Benefits: Develop and manage a competitive, contemporary compensation program by completing regular market analysis, designing pay structures, conducting cost analysis and effectively implementing improvements
Your Expertise and Passion:
· A strategic as well as a tactical mindset- Work with executive leadership to define company vision, objectives, and practices and develop execution strategies
· Ability to recruit top talent and motivate the team - A proven track record of creating and implementing high-quality people programs and strategies that can scale
· Looked to for cultural leadership and innovation - Experience in a company that has a culture employees are inspired by and proud of, and evidence of having helped create and maintain that culture
· Start-up like mentality and desire to innovate at pace - Ability to navigate a start-up atmosphere, including leadership and prioritized decision-making with imperfect information
· Master of OKR - Proven to be thoughtful in balancing short-term and long-term objectives while employing a bias for action
· Experience designing frameworks and systems (total rewards, HRMS, talent management, etc.) that meet the needs of a rapidly changing and growing company
· Comprehensive knowledge of benefits programs (Health, 401K, etc.) and experience working with external vendors
· A progressive view on HR, transparency, and a commitment to results that foster a modern, enjoyable and productive work experience for all employees
· Excellent communication skills and executive presence to interact effectively with senior leadership. You are a relationship builder, providing candid feedback with compassion, and influencing through expertise and business acumen
· Excitement to get your hands dirty and have the talent and energy to help take Linux Academy to the next level while embodying its values and culture
· Flexible and calm under pressure - Able to successfully manage competing priorities and responsibilities, and help the team do the same
· 5 years of senior management experience
· A flexible schedule - Able to travel to the Keller, TX when needed, sometimes for long time periods.
· Structured thinker with high IQ and EQ
· Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, eager to try new things and be innovative
· Natural leader, mentor and engaged team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills at all levels
· A collaborative work style and a roll-up your sleeves attitude; deep sense of personal ownership.
· Inspires a culture of execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity, and fun
· Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
· Straightforward and personally secure. Able and willing to give, seek and receive feedback constructively
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive compensation with great bonus opportunities
· Five weeks of paid time off
· Relocation assistance when moving to the area
· Mental Health coverage
· Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/familyFlexible schedule
· 401K with up to a 5% company match
· Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
· Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
· Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained
We believe in the curiosity to learn, the vulnerability to try, the persistence to succeed, and the strength of community. If our mission speaks to you then apply now. Help us change the world by changing lives!
Link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/linuxacademy/0fb5b28e-fa11-4d1c-b682-b00b8f9d296b