Yesway is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator within our gas station and convenience store business. Yesway, soon to be headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, owns and operates 415 convenience stores located in Iowa, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming, including the 304-store Allsup’s Convenience Stores chain, with plans to expand its portfolio to over 500 stores in selected regions of the United States over the next several years. Yesway’s promise is to make its customers’ lives easier, their day a little bit more pleasant and give them a terrific shopping experience. In addition to competitively priced gasoline, Yesway stores offer terrific customer service, quality product selection, expanded food service and clean and well-lit facilities. We are looking for a candidate who has employee relations and change management experience, is excited to join our team and is passionate about taking a role in a rapidly-growing company.
- Act as day-to-day contact for store personnel, including consulting with line management to provide HR guidance and policy interpretation when appropriate/needed;
- Gather information regarding investigations and employee relations issues;
- Troubleshoot questions related to pay, employee benefits, store transfers, system access and time punch issues;
- Support employee onboarding and terminations;
- Produce weekly operations reports;
- Visit stores with management teams on a regular basis, developing close relationships with staff in assigned regions;
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Provide basic performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions etc.);
- Work with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention;
- Identify training needs/opportunities for business units and individual training/coaching needs;
- Partner with management on field recruitment efforts; and
- Working with other members of the HR team, conduct new employee orientation program and onboarding practices.
- Three to five years of Human Resources experience required. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, equivalent degree or equivalent related experience;
- Knowledge and experience in employment law practices (e.g. EEO, ADA, FMLA, DOL, OSHA, etc.);
- Independent professional capable of forming relationships with diverse groups of people;
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, performance management, recruitment;
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft suite, payroll and time-tracking systems
- Demonstrated strength with written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and provide necessary follow-through; and
- Be flexible and able to interact with employees at all levels.
- Previous retail or multi-site human resources experience a plus.
YESWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To Apply, visit yesway.com/careers