Yesway is seeking a Benefits and Compensation Manager within our gas station and convenience store business. Yesway, soon to be headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, is currently ranked #2 in year-over-year relative store growth on the Convenience Store News “2020 Top 20 Growth Chains” list, after being ranked #1 on the “2019 Top 20 Growth Chains” list, is ranked #17 on the “CSP Top 202 Chains” list by total portfolio size, was named a “2017 Chain to Watch” by Convenience Store Decisions, was awarded a Bronze for Loyalty & Advocacy in the 2018 Loyalty360 Customer Experience Awards. The company’s CEO has been named a “CSP 2020 Power 20 Deal Maker” and its CTO was recently honored by Convenience Store Decisions with its inaugural “Technology Innovator Award”. Yesway’s fast growing portfolio currently consists of 405 stores located in Iowa, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming, including most recently, the 304-store Allsup’s Convenience Stores chain. Yesway plans to grow its portfolio to over 600 convenience stores in selected regions of the United States over the next several years. www.yesway.com.
The Manager of Benefits and Compensation is responsible for ensuring that benefit programs meet employee and Company needs, comply with legal requirements and are cost effective. In addition, the individual will ensure the compensation and benefits programs enhance the organization's ability to attract and retain employees, to improve employee satisfaction and recognizes and promotes a productive work environment. We are looking for a candidate who has built and designed compensation and benefits programs, understands total rewards programs and is excited to join our team and is passionate about taking a role in a rapidly-growing company.
- Partner with HR and business leadership to define, develop, communicate and execute the Total Rewards philosophy, vision and strategy for the firm;
- Oversee the benchmarking, annual compensation review and the company-wide compensation planning process, which includes the assessment of market data, incentive compensation and executive compensation, and the recommendation of structural and budget adjustments to maintain equity in pay plans;
- Oversee the review, communication and implementation of the annual employee benefit open enrollment process, including making proposals to executive management regarding carrier changes, plan design changes and other offerings;
- Work closely with our benefit brokers to design and market competitive and comprehensive benefit programs, including managing the annual renewal process and the ongoing evaluation of all health and welfare plans;
- Manage the job evaluation process, including the review and maintenance of all the Company’s job descriptions to ensure roles are classified appropriately and compensation for the position is competitive;
- Oversees retirement program. Participates in quarterly 401(k) review meetings. Ensures annual 401(k) audit process/5500 filing, mid-year and year-end 401k discrimination testing are completed;
- Responsible for compliance of all compensation, retirement and benefit programs, including Form 5500, FMLA, ACA, etc.
- Provides reports and metrics to senior management as requested; and
- Provides direction, as needed, on disability and leave of absence processing to ensure legal compliance at both the federal and state level.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field of study;
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional), CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) or CBP (Certified Benefits Professional) certification a plus;
- Eight plus years related experience with a minimum of five years’ experience in compensation and benefits;
- Proficiency in HRIS systems required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with Advanced Excel skills required;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate data-driven recommendations;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across all levels; and
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
YESWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To Apply, visit www.yesway.com/careers